Thursday, January 22, 2015

Email from Jan 19

This week has been incredible. Where do i begin?

Dogs have it out for me, i'm 100% sure of it. So up til this email, i had been bitten two times by dogs. Now, i'm reporting the third time! Yes, you read that correctly. A dog has bitten me again. Can you believe that? This time, he went in with a little more vengeance. He wripped my pants right there on the ankle! So, there's a new hole in one of my pants. woo!

Cool Experience. Remembered how like a year ago, i received a new missionary and became his trainer? Well, yesterday, i worked with him again! It was incredible. He was not the same person that I trained. In all forms of the word, he was different. A lot more happy and confident. We really enjoyed the day because we chatted the whole time that we worked. Being able to see his progress over this past year made me reflect a lot. What changes have i made? What will my friends and family say has changed about me when 2 years have past? I hope they say good stuff. I've seen quite a few changes in me, i hope other people will see them too.

Interviews with President Markham! Usually, interviews last for like 15 minutes max. Mine went for 40 minutes. Why? He talked to me as though I was still his Executive Secretary. I loved it. The Spirit was really strong and he told me a lot of stuff i needed to hear. I asked a question that's been on my mind. What can i do in my last three months to really accelerate my Spiritual Progression? His answer, "Seek the Spirit, Fast, Pray, and Obey". So we chatted about that for a second. Starting February 1st, i will start a complete santification and purification process. What does that mean? Fasting every weekend for 3 months. Why? To offer myself as a sacrifice to Him. The mission is not a sacrifice. It's an offering to the Lord. A principle taught by Sister Markham. My last 3 months will be a 100% offering to the Lord. That way my first fast back home will be absolute thanksgiving for the time here in Guatemala. It's going to be a crazy three months, but it'll be worth it.

I feel like the week has been incredible, but i don't know what else to say. My mind is drawing a blank. Everything tends to me the same daily routine that wouldn't really interest y'all at all. For me, it's my normal life. For y'all, it's a life unknown. I haven't been taking pictures, because there's not time to stop and take out the camera. There are souls to bring to Christ!

Did somebody say i only have 99 days left? What?

I hope everything is well and everybody's happy. If you're not happy, you're not doing something right.

"Always Be Happy, Never Be Content."

-Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment