Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Email from April 5

Make some good dinner plans! but yea, now that (my coming home is) three weeks away, it's kinda starting to hit me. at the same time, i get hit with two feelings. why work, it's over? and it's almost over! i need to work as hard as i can! the two come because i am tired, i've work tirelessly for 2 years and my body feels it. But, i also want to take advantage of every last moment to be able to give it all i had.

i loved conference. I can return home calm knowing that everything will work itself out. It's strange how the Lord answers the questions that people take to conference. He answered mine, and i'm grateful for it. It's also really fun to hear about President Brough and President MacArthur receiving new callings. They are two incredible men. But it's weird to think that i know two general authorities on a more personal level. I've been blessed, in the mission, i've been able to meet a few others here in Guatemala too. (Elder Amado, Elder Dunca, Elder Ochoa, Elder Alonso, Elder Cook, Elder Andersen). Great examples to a young man like me.

I'm probably as excited as Ben is to be home. Like i've said before, i'm ready to start a new chapter in my life and take on new things. I'm trying my hardest to stay focused these last couple weeks, but it's hard. Don't worry, i'm obedient with exactness and diligent in all things. just at times, my mind starts to wander. but that's normal, right?

We had a baptism on Sunday! She's a granddaughter of some members. Her name is Teresa de Jesus Perez Ortiz. She was a little miracle for us because it was a baptisms without any struggles. We talked to her, asked if she wanted to get baptized, and she accepted. Her mom said it was fine too! There are so many people just waiting to receive the ordinances of baptism, we just have to find them and bring them unto Christ. For this reason, diligence is so important in all we do. One reason that i don't really want to live in utah after the mission is because i'm gonna want to participate in missionary work, but if everyone's a member, what am i supposed to do?

I came here with 3 suitcases. i won't return with 3. I'm realizing that the stuff i haven't doesn't work anymore. the clothes are ripped and beaten to shreds. I don't have socks that don't have holes in them. my shirts haven't been white for a while now. What does that mean? we've gotta hit the mall and marshall's! mainly marshall's, it's cheaper. no hay pisto.

love y'all! See ya in 3 weeks!!

-Elder Hunt


No comments:

Post a Comment