Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Email from Dec 1

I definitely forgot all about Thanksgiving this year. Oops. But it's what happens when your living in Guate, with a Latino companion, in a hot climate, and nobody else celebrating it. But, I'm not even sad that I missed it. I wouldn't have changed my normal diet of a tortilla filled with refried black beans, rice, and hot dogs fried on the oven top like a quesadilla. Yummm.

On P-Day, we get up at 6 like usual. Exercise, study, then leave. We drop off our clothes with the lady that washes them, then we head into town. We go to the church and play soccer from like 11-1. Then we go eat (like Pizza Hut or a burger place), then we go to the store to buy groceries. Then we return home at about 3. At 3, I write the letters I need to write, shower, clean some part of the apartment (either the kitchen or my bathroom). At 5, we leave to work like any normal day. There isn't much changing in what I do on P-Day. Playing soccer and buying groceries.

I can't believe that Alicia is Pregnant! That's so crazy! One day, you'll have another grand child! And I'll have another niece or nephew. But I won't see the baby until it's like a year old. And I won't see Aubrey again until she's about 3. Crazy. For all I know, Stephanie could have another before i get home...

I wrote a letter to Lauren Boyd and sent it to you. hahah. I couldn't read the address of her house, so please give it to her when you receive it. Thanks.

I'm not too sure what has happened this week, but it got COLD.  One Tuesday, it was a normal, hot day. We were working in short sleeves like normal and not thinking anything of it. Wednesday, after interviews with President Brough, we left to work with short sleeves again. At about 4 in the afternoon, it got super windy. Like crazy. And it got super cold. Really, it got cold-for someone who doesn't like the cold and is out there in short sleeves. This cold continued for about 3 days. But then it just left. And now it's back to being hot and sunny. Not exactly sure what to think. I don't have any sweaters and only have 3 long sleeve shirts..uh oh...

During this week, I'll work at night to write a new letter to y'all, about my studies of patience and humility. It'll be hard because there's a lot of scriptures to review and how to connect them how i want. But when you receive my letter, you can use them as talks if you want to. You'll just have to cite me :) I finally found envelopes to send letters, so I think I'll start sending more home. In them, I'll put spiritual stuff, like what I'm learning in my studies and what not. Things that y'all can use as talks when called upon.

The other day, I put myself to read DyC 27 again. This section is quite interesting. At the beginning it talks about wine and alcohol. Then how the Lord will come to drink wine with Joseph, Adam, John the Baptist, Elijah, Elias, Abraham, James, Peter, John the Beloved, etc. I didn't exactly understand it, but that's not what I want to talk about. Verses 15-18 are the best. The armor of the Lord! There is a list of things that we need to arm ourselves with- 6 to be exact. But it's interesting, the armor of the Lord is to protect us from the fiery darts of the adversary. Of these 6, five things are listed to protect us, from our head to our toes. Only one thing is for the offensive-the Sword of the Spirit. With this sword, we can pierce and overcome whatever trial, difficulty, temptation, etc. that Satan has against us. If we live our lives with this Armor of the Lord, we will receive rest in the life after. In the next life, during our rest, we have the ability to receive a robe of righteousness as it says in 2 Nefi 9:14. There's something about this armor of the Lord that i just love.

It's December. I can't even believe it. Next week, we have changes again. This time, it seems like it's my turn to finally leave this area, El Caminero. So, quite possibly, I'll be having to pack up all of my stuff for the first time since leaving the CCM at the end of June. But, we don't find out what's really happening until the Monday before. So on the 9th of December I'll know and on the 10th and tell yall what's happening.

I appreciate all the prays that y'all send my way. I receive strength from them. I pray that y'all will read your scriptures, say your prayers, attend church happily, and obey all the commandments that the Lord has given. With every commandment, there is a blessing attached-as it says in DyC 130 (I think, I don't have my scriptures in hand to check that reference.) The Lord is bound when we do what he says, but if we don't, we have no promise. Not even one. We must be obedient in all things. Reading is a commandment. Praying is a commandment. Attending church is a commandment. Being obedient to al lthe commandments is a commandment.

Ask me any and all questions. About doctrine (like my opinions and thoughts), about the mission, about whatever! Tell dad to respond to the email I sent to him!

I love y'all alot and pray for y'all always. Stay happy and keep smiling. Remember Mosiah 2:41.

--Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment